Structured coaching with a focus on fun
What we do
- Coaching for all children and young adults
- Structured programme of lesson plans ensures swimmers' abilities develop throughout the year
- Focus on good technique in the four strokes: freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly
- Diving and life-saving skills
All our swimmers benefit from membership of the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA), as we're an ASA-affiliated club.
In safe hands
Appleby Swim Club is affiliated to the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA).
All our coaches hold nationally recognised ASA coaching qualifications, including:
- ASA Level 1 Award in Teaching Aquatics (QCF)
- ASA Level 2 Certificate in Teaching Aquatics (QCF)
All coaches have been Disclosure and Barring Service checked.
"Excellent Swimming Club - friendly, well organised, good range of instruction for all different levels of ability".
Our coaching sessions
We have three sessions for swimmers of different abilities (full details below), every Thursday evening during term time at Appleby Swimming Pool. As a first step, contact us so we can advise you on the best session for your child to attend. Then drop in and give it a go - the first three sessions are free.
We'll assess your child's swimming and allocate them a group according to ability. Your child's coaching will be tailored to meet their needs within the group.
Our coaches rotate during the term, so your child gets to work with a range of tutors who'll pick up on different aspects of their swimming.
We'll help your child improve their technique in the four main swimming strokes, as well as:
- Life-saving skills
Keeping it fun
We want all our young swimmers to enjoy the sport as a lifelong hobby, so we keep it fun with a range of swimming activities:
Swimming in pyjamas
Our children really enjoy swimming club and their strokes have improved. Tracey
6:30pm to 7pm
Typical age group: from 4 years old
- Learning to put their head under water
- Introducing the four strokes
- Gaining confidence in the water
- Building up to being in the deep end
7pm to 7.45pm
Typical age group: 8 to 11 years old
- Improving the four strokes
- Building stamina
- Learning to dive
7.45pm to 8.45pm
Typical age group: from 12 years old
- Perfecting the four strokes
- Building stamina
- Improving dives
"I like coming to swim club to improve my swimming and see my friends".